Over the years, many articles and stories have been written about Dan Gable - his accomplishments, his work ethic, his philosophy and his thoughts about wrestling and life.
Dan Gable celebrated his 60th birthday on October 25th, 2008. In honor of Dan, links to past stories written about Dan are included below. These stories provide amazing insights to one of Waterloo West High's most dedicated and successful graduates. Check them out!
"The Pride of Iowa"
- Sports Illustrated (03/12/2007)
"Cedar Rapids, Iowa March 21-22, 1997"
- Sports Illustrated (03/31/1997)
"Look Homeward, Hawkeye"
- Sports Illustrated (03/22/1982)
"A Kid Who Doesn't Kid Around"
- Sports Illustrated (06/19/1972)
"The Pancake Man Flattens 'em"
- Sports Illustrated (03/24/1969)